Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Songs of Science

If you like your education in rhyming form (and who doesn't?) then you'll want to check out the Singing Science Records website. Dozens and dozens of priceless gems from the late '50's and early '60's. Now available in mp3 form.

The one I played at the start of lecture today is near the end of the page ' What Are The Parts Of A Flower?' (links to mp3 file).

'It's time we were explainin' the purpose of the stamen.'

Let me know if you find any more real gems here. I haven't listened to them all. Another of my favorites is How Does A Frog Become A Frog? Although a little skimpy on the details of how a frog actually becomes a frog it makes up for it with a great tune. It reminds me of the 'insane circus' style of music favored by Tom Waits. Come to think of it I bet Tom Waits could do a great version of this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home