Saturday, July 07, 2007

Weird Life

I don't want to claim to be a good at predicting the future (I'm not) but I do want to say that one of the few predictions I have bored people with for some years is now given some tentative support by a very prestigious group.

“Nothing would be more tragic in the American exploration of space than to encounter alien life and fail to recognize it.”

A report just published the National Research Council (NRC) suggests that the search for extraterrestrial life beyond Earth’s solar system should be widened to include investigations that includes “weird” life. The whole report is available online here or you can read their news report.

Next week we will consider the origin of life, and indeed, what we even mean by life

I think this is post #100. Yay.

This time last year: Missing Links, Transitional forms and the Fishapod...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home